Product FAQ > MSM > Is MSM safe?

Very safe. MSM is non-toxic and non-allergenic. However, taking amounts greater than your body's ability to absorb it may result in loose stools. MSM is non-allergenic. In the many years MSM has been researched, no significant allergic reactions have been reported. We recommend informing your doctor you are supplementing with MSM. MSM has no known contraindications with pharmaceutical drugs or over-the-counter medications. However, Dr. Jacob does recommend that it not be used by pregnant or lactating mothers, or by children under the age of two. Dr. Jacob recommends that persons taking blood thinners such as Coumadin (warfarin) consult their doctor before using MSM.